FashionMag Pro provides two navigation menus in header. One is WordPress’s default menu and other is created by theme to display your magazine categories in header.
Reason for providing two menus is, for magazine websites most important is to have categories in main menu and not the static pages like about us, contact us, etc. FashionMag Pro provides you a facility to enable categories in menu in header area. This way you will not have to add categories manually in the menu.
To set up WordPress’s default menu, follow below steps:
1. Go to Appearance > Menus.
2. Click on create a new menu link, enter Menu Name and click on Create Menu button.
3. You can add already created pages, categories and posts as menu items from the list provided on left side. You can also custom link, magazine issues and magazine categories. To add pages and categories, select items and click on Add to Menu button. To add custom links, add URL and Link Text and click on Add to Menu button.
4. To change order of menu items and create submenus simply drag and drop items.
5. Select Theme locations.
6. Click on “Save Menu” to save your menu changes.
To setup magazine categories menu, go to Magazines > MIM Issue Settings, check Issue Category and click Save Settings button. Once changes are saved all categories in current issue will be displayed in header area of your magazine website.